Solving following two Problems:-
- Scroll events can fire at a high rate. So It is recommended to add callback once user stops scrolling.
And another problem is multiple scroll listeners in your emberjs app here and there. Instead there should be an array of all scroll callbacks and a single scroll listener.
- Create a service for scroll-events which binds a scroll listener and a callback functions array.
init function we bind a scroll event listener, which keeps checking whether scrolling stopped or not. After scrolling stops it executes a function
dosomething executes all callbacks present in the callbacks array.
addcallback function adds the callback in array, if callback is not already present.
- Add this service anywhere you want to add callback function.
init function defined in ember service is lazy and will be called first time we inject the service. So we can be sure that we are registering only one scroll listener.
Then we will push the callback into callback array (in example we are pushing
parallaxImage function), which will be called and get scroll top y coordinate as a param.
You can also define remove_callback to remove a callback from callbacks array and call it in willDestroyElement hook, depending on your requirement. But you get the idea.
- 03 Feb 2018 Findings with sqlite and different versions of scout python search server
- 22 Dec 2017 Highlight link in side menu on scrolling to the part of the page to which that link belongs
- 22 Dec 2017 How to create sticky left sidebar which sticks on scrolling
- 22 Dec 2017 Adding vertical parallax effect and overlay on banner image
- 22 Dec 2017 Clean way to handle scroll events in emberjs app without blocking task queue and runtime
- 19 Dec 2017 What is the meaning and use of left shift operator
- 19 Dec 2017 Everything you need to learn about mobile first design starting from what is mobile first
- 11 Dec 2017 Emberjs achieve two way binding with native input tag and discard input helper
- 11 Dec 2017 Ember js concatenate all third party js files present under vendor folder to vendor js
- 10 Dec 2017 Stakeholders agree to the requirement and then later on says this does not serve my purpose
- 10 Dec 2017 Sheet comparison of frontend js frameworks
- 11 Nov 2017 Why is it so hard to develop good software
- 04 Sep 2017 Is Graphql here to replace REST Api
- 05 Jun 2017 My awesome list of english songs
- 29 May 2017 Troll software intern
- 17 May 2017 What is icon font and why use it over png.
- 16 May 2017 Philosophical difference between ruby and python.
- 15 May 2017 Given an array, find number of subsets with k elements, where absolute difference between the maximum and mininmum element is at most x
- 15 May 2017 Automated testing of google autocomplete using cucumber and capybara
- 15 May 2017 How to manage assets in rails, difference between app, vendor and lib assets, what is asset pipeline?
- 15 May 2017 Swap elements in dom by drag and drop.
- 15 May 2017 What are the options with which protect_with_forgery is called?
- 15 May 2017 How to add csrf in ember app.
- 15 May 2017 Sessions and csrf in rails.
- 15 May 2017 Best practices while using ooor gem for making rpc calls to odoo(openerp) from ruby framework
- 09 May 2017 Integrate paytm payment with rails app
- 08 May 2017 Automated deployment on github pages using jekyll themes.
- 01 May 2017 How to add inline image in gmail.
- 01 May 2017 Undefined method `user_confirmation_path' error with devise rails.