Sqlite has full text search support via modules fts3, fts4, fts5
By default all three are added in sqlite package, but fss5 is disabled as it is experimental.
- Scout uses Sqlite for search
- Scout 0.4.0 uses fts5 if available, else fallback to fts4.
Scout 3.0.0 is fixed on fts4, even if fts5 is available
- Substring search doesn’t work on both fts4 and fts5 for English text.
Means “hell” will not give results for content containing string “hello”.
create virtual table idx4 using "fts4" (content); create virtual table idx5 using "fts5" (content); insert into idx4 (content) values ('hello world'); insert into idx5 (content) values ('hello world'); select * from idx4 where idx4 match 'hell'; select * from idx5 where idx5 match 'hell'; //no results in both case
- But funny enough Substring search work for Hindi text only on fts5.
create virtual table idx5 using "fts5" (content); insert into idx5 (content) values ("पाकिस्तान नीरजा भनोट के"); select * from idx5 where idx5 match "पाकि"; // give result- पाकिस्तान नीरजा भनोट के
- So Substring search works for “hindi” content on scout 0.4.0 when your sqlite fts5 module is enabled, Quite coincidental, but happens. :)
- 03 Feb 2018 Findings with sqlite and different versions of scout python search server
- 22 Dec 2017 Highlight link in side menu on scrolling to the part of the page to which that link belongs
- 22 Dec 2017 How to create sticky left sidebar which sticks on scrolling
- 22 Dec 2017 Adding vertical parallax effect and overlay on banner image
- 22 Dec 2017 Clean way to handle scroll events in emberjs app without blocking task queue and runtime
- 19 Dec 2017 What is the meaning and use of left shift operator
- 19 Dec 2017 Everything you need to learn about mobile first design starting from what is mobile first
- 11 Dec 2017 Emberjs achieve two way binding with native input tag and discard input helper
- 11 Dec 2017 Ember js concatenate all third party js files present under vendor folder to vendor js
- 10 Dec 2017 Stakeholders agree to the requirement and then later on says this does not serve my purpose
- 10 Dec 2017 Sheet comparison of frontend js frameworks
- 11 Nov 2017 Why is it so hard to develop good software
- 04 Sep 2017 Is Graphql here to replace REST Api
- 05 Jun 2017 My awesome list of english songs
- 29 May 2017 Troll software intern
- 17 May 2017 What is icon font and why use it over png.
- 16 May 2017 Philosophical difference between ruby and python.
- 15 May 2017 Given an array, find number of subsets with k elements, where absolute difference between the maximum and mininmum element is at most x
- 15 May 2017 Automated testing of google autocomplete using cucumber and capybara
- 15 May 2017 How to manage assets in rails, difference between app, vendor and lib assets, what is asset pipeline?
- 15 May 2017 Swap elements in dom by drag and drop.
- 15 May 2017 What are the options with which protect_with_forgery is called?
- 15 May 2017 How to add csrf in ember app.
- 15 May 2017 Sessions and csrf in rails.
- 15 May 2017 Best practices while using ooor gem for making rpc calls to odoo(openerp) from ruby framework
- 09 May 2017 Integrate paytm payment with rails app
- 08 May 2017 Automated deployment on github pages using jekyll themes.
- 01 May 2017 How to add inline image in gmail.
- 01 May 2017 Undefined method `user_confirmation_path' error with devise rails.